Valentine's Day Gift Guide for the Anti-Valentine's Day Man
Hey all of you men out there, all 2 of you that read my blog (Hi, Dad!)....listen up: Valentine's Day is around the corner. We know you think it's stupid and overrated, but we want to feel a little extra special on February 14th and if you do your job right and make us happy, you'll be happy too. You know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life." Because, "Happy husband, happy life" doesn't rhyme, and let's get real, it makes no sense. Here is my UNBELIEVABLY reasonably priced Valentine's Day gift guide so you won't break the bank on this "meaningless, man-made, Hallmark holiday." Ladies, you may want to just send your man an anonymous note with the item(s) you choose. Men don't do subtlety.
1. Juliette Has a Gun 'Purse Bullet' in Miss Charming ($75): A fragrance is always a romantic gift, and this one smells so irresistible, it promises to cause men fall to their knees. I'm a big fan of the badass purse bullet because it's not only portable, but it looks mysterious and cool. It also comes with extra fragrance so you can recharge.
2. Erickson Beamon Rocks Gemstone Collar Necklace (on sale for $134): This is the perfect gift for the lady who is looking to liven up her wardrobe with some excessively fabulous jewels. You'd be surprised to know that this necklace is actually versatile and can work with almost any outfit. It's also on sale and we know you like a good deal.
3. ASOS Leather Touch Screen Bow Gloves ($33.33): This is a very safe bet. It says, "I wanted to get you something nice and also practical" without forcing you to spend more than you would on a week's worth of Starbucks lattes. This is a great gift for the anti-anti-anti-Valentine's Day man to give. Everyone needs gloves, and these days, everyone needs touch screen gloves...let's face it, we're all addicted to our iPhones. The bow detail is subtle, but very cute and sets this pair apart from all the others.
4. Zara Lip Print Scarf ($29.90): Does your lady get very into the theme of the holiday? Seize the opportunity and give a more literal Valentine's Day gift! This adorable scarf is covered in kisses and soon you will be too!
5. Sixtrees Jeweled Picture Frame ($18.99): It touches every woman's heart when a man takes the time to do something sweet and sentimental for her. Print out a photo of the two of you (one you know she already likes...no "fat angles" please) and put it in a beautiful frame and you will be a golden god.
6. Cheeky Teacup ($16): The perfect gift for the woman who always talks about how "stressed out" she is: the new mom, the 60-hour-work-week woman, the busy bride-to-be, etc.. Is it so wrong to hide booze in your morning tea? Takes the edge off...
Note: This post was inspired by my husband, the ultimate Anti-Valentine's Day Man, who strategically proposed to me on February 15th so he would never have to celebrate Valentine's Day. He only gives me "engagement anniversary, non-Valentine's Day" cards and gifts and flowers the day after everyone else's love fest. He gets a good deal on the post-Valentine's Day clearance. How romantic.